Re: Lyric extender in RhythmicStaff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lyric extender in RhythmicStaff
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 22:18:15 +0200

Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> writes:

> Folks,
>
> please forgive me for asking something that I'm sure I could find out by
> myself, but I'm in a
> bit of a hurry:
>
> \version "2.23"
>
> \new RhythmicStaff {
>   1 ~ 2 4
> }
> \addlyrics { hey __ you }
>
> \new Staff {
>   1 ~ 2 4
> }
> \addlyrics { hey __ you }
>
> *
>
> Why is there no LyricExtender in the RhythmicStaff? What's missing? (Followup
> question: Is this behaviour intended?)

\displayMusic
\new RhythmicStaff \with { \consists Grob_pq_engraver } {
  1 ~ 2 4
}
\addlyrics { hey __ you }

If you take a look at the definition of RhythmicStaff in
engraver-init.ly in comparison to the definition of Staff (they are
separate and independent), you'll find that RhythmicStaff is missing a
lot of material that actually would be needed for proper operation.

Sigh.

It would probably make some sense to try deriving it from Staff .

--
David Kastrup