Re: another 'wrong type argument' error

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: another 'wrong type argument' error
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 20:09:58 +0200

Hi Kieren,

Le 09/10/2022 à 19:38, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :
Hi again,

Something still isn't working with a few of my scores, and I'm hoping someone can once again point me in the right direction for a quick fix… (No, a MWE isn't a real option.)

— I'm running Lilypond 2.23.13 (installed via MacPorts) on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
— I believe used convert-ly on every file that's in the include chain
— I've applied the \newSpacingSection fix that Jean gave last time

Unfortunately, I still sometimes (but not on all files!) get a compile error — here's the verbose output (sorry it's a screenshot: not quite sure how to get the same log output as text):

Re screenshot: what editor are you using?

In Frescobaldi, it seems that there is a glitch that prevents from
pasting from the log output if you have selected something at the same
time in the LilyPond code view, because that takes priority apparently,
but in my experience, if you stop selecting something in the code,
copy-pasting from the log works just fine.

[image]

Anyone know where I should be looking to find the culprit?

Unfortunately, this is one of those errors that are very hard
to understand because of the poor error messages and backtraces
that Guile 2 yields for interpreted code.

In the upcoming release 2.23.14, which might actually happen
this evening but could be later this week, there will be a
-dcompile-scheme-code option for using the other option Guile 2
has to run code, the compiler, which gives far more informative
error messages, so I suggest to either wait for 2.23.14, or if
you can't wait, send a full, possibly large example to the list
(or to me in private if necessary) so that we can try it out
in 2.23.14 with -dcompile-scheme-code.

Best,
Jean