Re: Text under recitative note

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Text under recitative note
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 11:29:14 +0200

I think you are looking for the markup commands wordwrap or wordwrap-string,
something like:

\version "2.23.11"
\fixed c' { \cadenzaOn d4 e a g f g f d d e2 g1 f4 e  }
\addlyrics { When the stone had been seal -- ed by the Jews.
             \markup {
               \override #'(line-width . 25)
               \wordwrap {
                 While the soldiers were guarding Thy most pure }
             }
             Bo -- dy
}

You need the override to set the desired width to be taken up, and probably a
bit of formatting with other markup commands to make it look decent.

HTH
/Leo