Re: Tremolo

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Tremolo
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 13:53:59 +0200

Le 29/10/2022 à 12:52, Craig Bakalian a écrit :

Hi Everybody!

Below is code I pulled from a larger score to show output warnings for a tremolo. I have never had much success with the tremolo interface because I am a lazy composer who spent 2 months writing the score, and typesetting to make it all pretty for the performers is just too much, lol. So, I hand them a score with tremolos that don't slant or angle properly. I'm sure someone on this list will tell me how to be more precise with tremolos in lilypond :).

Unfortunately, tremolos are an area of LilyPond that is known
not to be very polished — in particular, tremolos on whole notes
look ugly, as you found out. You didn't do anything wrong, LilyPond
is just not capable of typesetting this well automatically right
now. See

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1444

Meanwhile, you can place them manually by replacing something
like

\version "2.23.80"

\repeat tremolo 8 {
  bes'16 bes''