Re: Problems with pdf output using Lilypond Version 2.20.0

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Problems with pdf output using Lilypond Version 2.20.0
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:41:07 +0200

Hello Ian,

You’re far better off moving to LilyPond 2.23.80 at once.

Here is how I installed it on my Mac Mini M1 some days ago.

HTH!

JM

LilyPond devel from MacPorts for Apple silicon

If not yet done, download MacPorts for your MacOS version from https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/tag/v2.8.0 and install it.

Check wether LilyPond devel is already installed:

jacquesmenu@macmini:/opt/local/bin > port installed lilypond-devel

  lilypond-devel @2.23.13_0 (active)

If LilyPond devel is lready installed, uninstall it:

jacquesmenu@macmini:/opt/local/bin > sudo port uninstall lilypond-devel

--->  Deactivating lilypond-devel @2.23.13_0

--->  Cleaning lilypond-devel

--->  Uninstalling lilypond-devel @2.23.13_0

--->  Cleaning lilypond-devel

Install lilypond-devel:

jacquesmenu@macmini:/opt/local/bin > sudo port install lilypond-devel

Warning: The macOS 13 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.

Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.

Warning: If already installed, update with Software Update, or manually: <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>

Warning: The macOS 13 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.

Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.

Warning: If already installed, update with Software Update, or manually: <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>

--->  Computing dependencies for libatomic_ops

--->  Fetching archive for libatomic_ops

--->  Attempting to fetch libatomic_ops-7.6.14_0.darwin_22.arm64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/libatomic_ops

--->  Attempting to fetch libatomic_ops-7.6.14_0.darwin_22.arm64.tbz2 from https://nue.de.packages.macports.org/libatomic_ops

--->  Attempting to fetch libatomic_ops-7.6.14_0.darwin_22.arm64.tbz2 from https://fra.de.packages.macports.org/libatomic_ops

… … … …

Check that lilypond runs fine:

jacquesmenu@macmini:~ > /opt/local/bin/lilypond --version

GNU LilyPond 2.23.80 (running Guile 2.2)

Copyright (c) 1996--2022 by

  Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl>

  Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>

  and others.

This program is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public

License and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it

under certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more

information.