Unexpected file name in EPS output

From: Carlo Stemberger
Subject: Unexpected file name in EPS output
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 18:54:00 +0100

Hi,
when I run `lilypond -dbackend=eps myfile.ly` with LilyPond 2.22.2 I get 2 PDF files (myfile.pdf and myfile-1.pdf) and an EPS file (myfile.esp).

-----
%myfile.ly
\version "2.22.2"

\relative c'' {c d e c}
-----

Why?

Please note that myfile.pdf and myfile-1.pdf seem identical, but they aren't:

diff myfile-1.pdf myfile.pdf
Binary files myfile-1.pdf and myfile.pdf differ

Some time ago the behaviour was different: I just got myfile.pdf and myfile.eps, if I remember correctly (in any case the EPS file didn't have any suffix). Unfortunately now I have trouble with a script...

Is this a bug? Do the next versions have the same behaviour? In this case I have to modify my script.

Thank you!

Carlo