Re: Contacting Wilbert

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Contacting Wilbert
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:47:16 +0100

Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@mailbox.org> writes:

>> On 12/11/2022 12:23 am, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
>>> Sorry for bothering this list with this. I am unsuccessfully
>>> trying to contact Wilbert Berendsen (the maintainer of Frescobaldi).
>>

> He posted on Google Groups Frescobaldi on May 27. Therefore you can
> reach him there I imagine.

If you take a look at his Github contributions on
<https://github.com/wbsoft>, you'll see that May is about the time where
his software-related work petered out.  According to his blog on
<https://wilbertberendsen.nl/>, he had a heart attack in October 2021
and was recovering pretty well in December.

His publicly visible software activity, however, took a steep decline
after March.  That's about the time when he lists ambitious ongoing
compositional work on his blog.  There have been occasional
cosmetic/housekeeping commits up into September.

That looks like contacting him for a transfer of responsibilities
(provisional or more permanent) might have a better chance for a
response than wanting him to fix stuff on the software side.  The best
interpretation of what I see is that he has strategically focused his
efforts on endeavors not related to software, at least for now.

--
David Kastrup