Staff.midiExpression is documented but I've been using Voice.midiExpress

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Staff.midiExpression is documented but I've been using Voice.midiExpression...
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:17:53 -0800

Hi;

Staff.midiExpression is documented but I've been using
Voice.midiExpression and no warnings or errors were reported.

  I can't seem to find any references to "Voice.midiExpression" in the
documentation (perhaps my searching isn't diligent enough).

Does the "Voice.midiExpression" work the same way as the
"Staff.midiExpression" (or vice-versa)?

  I'm engraving an arrangement of the First Gymnopedie (Satie) where
the melody (sequence of quarter notes) line is overwhelmed by the half
notes and dotted half notes in the other voices.

  Is music like this a bit too difficult for MIDI to handle? :-)

  Too summarize my question:

  What is the correct Lilypond syntax to use and why isn't the "wrong
one" resulting in a warning or error?

  This is a new engraving attempt, not one that needs to be massaged
by convert-ly.

  Lilypond 2.22.2 (Mac, home brew)

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott