Re: ghostscript 9.56.1 in lilypond 2.23.14 no longer finds font Helvetic

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ghostscript 9.56.1 in lilypond 2.23.14 no longer finds font Helvetica-Bold, but gs in 2.22.1 did
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:35:05 +0100

Le 12/11/2022 à 05:45, Jeff Olson a écrit :

Would be nice if lilypond had a way to load a resource into the postscript file without having to produce this extra output, or sledge hammer the bold/italic styles.

That's not my view. LilyPond is meant to be extensible in Scheme, not in Postscript. There is no point in adding interfaces for doing stuff that we don't want to encourage in the first place.

So does this sort of code have to be at the end because you can't un-break the damage from the sledge hammer?

The sledgehammer is local, it doesn't affect anything outside of the \markup block (apart from LilyPond's global list of fonts that should be loaded).

Best,
Jean