Re: 2.23.81 new D.S. code

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.23.81 new D.S. code
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 14:55:48 -0700

On 11/15/22 2:51 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi all,

On Nov 15, 2022, at 4:20 PM, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
\repeat, on the other hand, is a command that does not stand alone
but transforms a piece of music. It should be applied to all music
that it is supposed to transform.
Interesting! It makes sense, of course… but I must admit that I have been using
\repeat in my \global variable and NOT in my other note variables for my entire
time using Lilypond, and [as far as I know] never ran into a problem. I really
did think it was the recommended method, since (like all global matters) it’s
easier to keep in sync when it’s in one place only.

I’ll do my best to unlearn that coding practice going forward (and update older
scores the next time I revisit each).

As a copyist (and programmer) I don't intend to unlearn that unless I'm forced to..

Paul