Re: 2.23.81 coda in new staff or after blank space

From: Benjamin Tordoff
Subject: Re: 2.23.81 coda in new staff or after blank space
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 06:46:32 +0000

+1 to Paul’s question.

I have a couple of different work-arounds for formatting dc + coda that I used
in the past. Having converted to the new segno/section tools the codas in the
player parts are a little harder to read.

For multi-bar codas that fill one or more lines  I can insert a line-break so
that they become easier to spot. However pieces like Vaughan-William’s Folk
Song Suite where the coda is only one or two bars long are typically set with a
small blank space (ie no stave at all) between dc and coda instead. I’ve yet to
find a good way to do this whilst also using the new segno system. (Not that my
old way was particular good either…)

That said, the new segno repeats look better than my work-around and mean I can
give players accurate midi/mp3 parts to practice along to without tedious
cut-and-paste in GarageBand. A huge saving.

Thanks

Ben