Re: Adding text to chord names or note names

From: kbvw
Subject: Re: Adding text to chord names or note names
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 15:26:06 +0000

Hi Kieren,

Thanks for your reply; I hope my message didn't come off as rude or
unsolicited.

(To be sure: I did not mean to suggest removing any functionality that's there.
I can easily see many use cases for calculating the actual pitches of a chord
internally. I meant more of an alternative chordNameFunction or engraver of
some sorts that could be swapped in, one that would display arbitrary extra
information for a chord as a suffix.)

As a new user, the message was mostly intended to ask around a bit for the
state of the art or latest thoughts on this.

So far, I found most of the code relating to the (new) chord engravers in
scheme and I can see how that part works, but I'm not too clear yet on the
input side. I saw there was talk of a unified chord/note input; I'll keep
reading the discussion/source/issues to get up to speed.

(Meanwhile Jean's solution puts me in business for what I wanted to do; thanks
again Jean!)

All the best,
Koen