Re: after-line-breaking help

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: after-line-breaking help
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 10:46:22 +0100

Le 09/12/2022 à 22:04, Rip _Mus a écrit :
could you tell me the place, within the documentation, where I can learn more about the "after-line-breaking" property?

As far as I know, there isn't more documentation about after-line-breaking
than its description in the internals reference:

“Dummy property, used to trigger callback for |after-line-breaking|.”

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/user-backend-properties

Well, that's brief, but there is not a lot to say. The
after-line-breaking property is read, as its name suggests,
right after line breaking. If it is set to a callback, this
callback gets triggered. You can do all sorts of things in
this callback that are not specific to after-line-breaking.

You might want to read
https://extending-lilypond.readthedocs.io/en/latest/backend.html#understanding-callbacks
on what a callback is (and why you probably don't need
after-line-breaking in the first place).

Best,
Jean