Fwd: Setting lytics to alternative endings

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Fwd: Setting lytics to alternative endings
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 10:40:02 +0100

Have sent it to Xavier, in stead of to the list - apologies!

Jogchum

Op 15-12-2022 om 20:38 schreef Xavier Scheuer:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 16:29, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> As said in another thread [1], I would recommend using the \repeat
> construct in the lyrics too:

Hello,

This is also what is recommended in the documentation, there is even a whole section dedicated to lyrics and repeats, and in particular repeats with alternative (with special cases of melisma, extenders and hyphens, etc). Cf. NR 2.1.2 Techniques specific to lyrics > Lyrics and repeats > Repeats with alternative endings
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#lyrics-and-repeats

Best regards,
Xavier

-- Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>

Hi, without a doubt it is my bad, but while I've spend quite some time looking for this in the documentation, I didn't come across it.

Looked, among a lot of other places, in

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/songs

So I was close....