Re: LilyPond 2.24.0 released!

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.24.0 released!
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:36:36 -0800

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 10:33:58AM -0800, H. S. Teoh via LilyPond user
discussion wrote:
[...]
> This latest release broke one of my scores.  I have reduced the
> problem to the following snippet:
>
>       \version "2.18.2"
>       \score {
>           \tuplet 3/2 4 { \repeat tremolo 6 { <cis ais g e>8( } }
>       }
[...]

Further investigation revealed that replacing `tremolo` with `percent`
triggers the same problem.

In addition, if the music inside the \tuplet does not add up to a
multiple of the tuplet duration, the same error is triggered. For
example:

        \tuplet 7/4 8 {
            a,=''32 cis e  a cis e a16
        }

Arguably this is the user's fault for wrong input, but IMO lilypond
should inform the user of the actual problem rather than trigger an
internal Guile error.

--T