Re: Getting grob Y position (spacing error)

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Getting grob Y position (spacing error)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 12:47:27 +0100

Le 31/12/2022 à 19:43, Gregory Evans a écrit :

It appears to be the case that there is a limitation to how far to the right notes can be checked. Let’s call the starting note |A| and the stopping note |B|. It seems like the boundary is if the start-offset of |B| is further forward than the stop-offset of |A|. In the above image, a line cannot be drawn between the 2nd note of the top staff and the 8th note of the middle staff. Can you explain why this is? Is this a situation where the note columns are not finished being spaced, similar to my initial confusion about the timing of skyline calculation? Anyway, the ability to draw lines between any arbitrary location is not precisely necessary for what I’m trying to accomplish, I would just like to understand what I don’t know!

The engraver iterates over busyGrobs (maintained by Grob_pq_engraver),
which is precisely, by definition, the set of grobs with a cause in events
that tells they are still "active" at the current moment.

If you want different behavior, acknowledge note-head-interface yourself
and store the grobs in a variable in the engraver (adding a new binding
in (let ((followed ...) [here]) ...)).

p.s. In the Johnston example, notes are able to be used as line anchors more than once. Would there be a way to include something like a spanner ID?

What about using a details.spanner-ids symbol list property?
You'd read it on the note column to know which spanners to start/stop.

Best,
Jean