Re: Subdividing beams

From: Renato Biolcati Rinaldi
Subject: Re: Subdividing beams
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 15:41:56 +0100

This is a great solution! Thanks a lot, I was fixated with \set baseMoment and beatStructure things that I completely missed other solutions.

Renato

Il giorno lun 2 gen 2023 alle ore 14:58 Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> ha scritto:
Le 02/01/2023 à 14:44, Renato Biolcati Rinaldi a écrit :
> Hello and Happy New Years
>
> I am trying to engrave this piece as per attached, I am going crazy
> trying to figure out how to replicate the exact beaming of the image.

When you don't manage to make LilyPond understand what beaming you
want, there is an escape hatch you can use to set beams manually.

\version "2.25.0"
\language "english"

\relative c' {
   \time 12/8
   \key bf \major

   r8
   <<
     {
       \override DynamicTextSpanner.style = #'none
       fs'16^3\cresc (a g8) bf,\rest g'16^3 (bf a8) bf,\rest
       \set subdivideBeams = ##t
       a16^3\f [(bf) bf^3 (c)]
     }
     \\