Re: Simultaneous dotted notes

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Simultaneous dotted notes
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:37:44 +0100

Hi Paul,

Le lun. 2 janv. 2023 à 18:36, Paul Hodges <pwh@cassland.org> a écrit :

In this instance I disagree.

See Gould, p59 (near top): "Unless conditions are cramped, [unison] notes of different duration take a dot beside each notehead".

Hum, right, I've checked the page. For some reason it was more obvious in my head... Maybe I had in mind "adjacend notes" p.56...
Finally I'd say both are acceptable ans depends on the editor's/ publisher's choice.
And in any case the tweak is more readable and looks better to me.
Thanks Paul, I should have checked before responding.
Cheers,
Pierre