Re: Conflict between articulate.ly and \accacciatura in 2.24.0

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Conflict between articulate.ly and \accacciatura in 2.24.0
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 10:55:30 +0100

Le 7 janv. 2023 à 10:42, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> a écrit :

Hi Gordon,

Am 07.01.23 um 10:00 schrieb Gordon Bower:

When I tried to recompile a piece I had written in 2.22.1 with 2.24.0, I got a mysterious error message:
"Exited with return code -1073741784."

Commenting out things until it would compile, I found the problem was specifically when articulate was applied to a music group with an accacciatura:

\version "2.24.0"
\language "deutsch"

acctest = {\time 6/8
           \relative c' {
            d8 e f g a \acciaccatura c h}}

\score {
 \articulate
 \acctest
\layout{}
\midi{}
}

Three questions:

a) Are you sure that is exactly the file causing the abort? (It doesn't even compile on my system if I don't add an \include for articulate.ly.)

b) Are you on Windows?

c) Does the crash happen reproducibly every time you compile the file

This has already been fixed. It was https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6489

It will work fine with the upcoming 2.24.1 version, and you can work around it by editing the file articulate.ly inside of LilyPond’s internal directory in the way shown here: https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1772/diffs

Best,
Jean