Re: Completion_heads_engraver for line-ends only?

From: William Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: Completion_heads_engraver for line-ends only?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:25:47 +0000

Dear Graham,

This can actually be solved with layers. You can configure which glyphs will be drawn after each other, so that the whiteout does not infringe on them. You could do a little bit like the following:

-William

\version "2.24.0"

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \with {
  } { s1 s1 }
  \new Staff \with {
  } { r4 r4 r4 r8 c''8^[ c''8] c8^[ c'] }

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \omit BarLine
    \override Beam.whiteout-style = #'outline
    \override Beam.whiteout = #2
    \override Beam.layer = #-1
    %\override Stem.layer = #2
  }