Re: Clef change after end-repeat before break -- how?

From: Ole V. Villumsen
Subject: Re: Clef change after end-repeat before break -- how?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 05:52:08 +0000

Thanks, everyone, for your contributions.

First of all Jean. Your code gives me exactly what I wanted. I haven’t learned
to use the internals, but see here that it’s useful.

> Not sure, but my guess is that LilyPond might be trying to make different
> measures have not-too-distant lengths. This is just a guess; ...

I am skeptical. There’s no separate measure there.
When I move the setting of the measure position to later in the bar,
I still get the same space (but then not the measure number, 5,
on the 2nd line, which makes sense). So still curious.

@Mark

> Under 2.22 I do not get extra space.

That’s still more curious. On 2.22.2 I get a warning
that the break is overwritten by another event, so we
don’t get the line break that I had specified and wanted.

@Ralph Palmer, you may have forgot to put content into your message? At least
none arrived here.

Best, Ole

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.