Re: Define "tweak" function

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: Re: Define "tweak" function
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 17:53:48 -0500

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking to create a function that can apply to more than one type of object, in this instance, slurs, articulations, and possibly fingerings. All the examples I have seen require specifying the object. Is it possible to have a function behave like "-\tweak" that acts on the object that follows it regardless of type?

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 5:49 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
On 29/01/2023 23:45, Ahanu Banerjee wrote:
> How can I define a function that applies one or more tweaks to the object that comes after it?
>
> example: I want the following _expression_ to be a function called "\makeRed":
> -\tweak color "red"
>
> so that I can type \makeRed \downbow instead of -\tweak color "red" \downbow

You will find examples here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/substitution-function-examples

Jean