Re: Changes to png file while using \omit Accidental

From: Rajesh Baskar
Subject: Re: Changes to png file while using \omit Accidental
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 11:19:34 -0800

Thanks Jean, that was a simple solution, and sorry for my ignorance.

On 1/30/2023 9:10 PM, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
On 31/01/2023 05:52, Rajesh Baskar wrote:
Hello Experts,

I'm facing a unique issue or it would be because of my limited knowledge of Lilypond. I have 2 identical Lilypond files, the only difference being that one has \omit Accidental in it. You can see in the mage attached that Lilypond generates them a bit differently. The line dividing the two measures is thicker and it is moved a bit to the right. Any ideas as to how to fix it, so the the 2nd image is identical to the first, but just without the accidentals.

\omit is the wrong tool if you want the object to still affect
spacing as before. You want \hide for that. See

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#making-objects-transparent