Setting default arguments for music function?

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: Setting default arguments for music function?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:04:14 -0500

Is it possible to specify default values for a function to use when arguments are missing? In the example below, I want the default font size to be -4 and the default color to be blue without having to specify it each time, but I also want the ability to change those values in rare cases.

\version "2.24"
\language "english"
altParen = #(define-music-function
     (parenColor parenSize parenItem)
     (color? number? ly:music?)
   #{
     \tweak Parentheses.font-size #parenSize \tweak Parentheses.color #parenColor \parenthesize #parenItem
   #})
{ c \altParen "blue" #-4 \upbow }

Thanks,
-Ahanu