Re: change format of bookOutputSuffix

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: change format of bookOutputSuffix
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:49:54 +0100

Le mardi 21 février 2023 à 09:36 -0500, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :

Hi all,

What’s the simplest way to modify the format of \bookOutputSuffix? For example, say I want the trailing hyphen to be an underscore — i.e., currently I get

  MyPiece-suffix.pdf

and I want

  MyPiece_suffix.pdf

Do I have to [locate and] rebuild the music function, or is there an easy parameter I don’t know about?

It's coded in get-outfile-name in scm/lily-library.scm. It doesn't provide an easy knob to change the separator, and set!-ing an internal function would be really icky (subject to breaking without replacement in future versions). I think the best way is to just use \bookOutputName "MyPiece_suffix" without a \bookOutputSuffix at all.