Re: Guile Error

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Guile Error
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 08:12:30 +0100

Le vendredi 10 mars 2023 à 02:58 +0000, Nick McManus a écrit :

Hi All,

I'm looking to understand this error I'm getting, I've updated to 2.24.1 today and nothing is compiling.

I'm on Windows 11, and trying to compile this file:

\version "2.24.1" {c d e f}

Here is the error:
warning: `(gs -q -dNODISPLAY -dNOSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dAutoRotatePages=/None -dPrinted=false ./lilypond-tmp-788800)' failed (1)

C:/Program Files/lilypond/share/lilypond/2.24.1/ly/init.ly:65:2: error: Guile signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here

 (let ((book-handler (if (defined? 'default-toplevel-book-handler) Throw to key ly-file-failed' with args ()'. Exited with return code 1.

Is anyone able to reproduce this, or give me a hint as to the reason behind it?

A common cause for this on Windows is having the PDF file from the previous compilation open in one of some PDF viewers like Adobe Acrobat, which lock the file while it is being viewed, preventing from overwriting it.

If this doesn't explain it, can you run LilyPond in verbose mode and send the output? In Frescobaldi, use LilyPond > Engrave (custom) and add --verbose to the extra options.