Re: Benefits of Cairo backend over Ghostscript for PDF

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Benefits of Cairo backend over Ghostscript for PDF
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 23:29:26 +1100

Hi Werner, With NBN in Australia, the speeds are amazing. I have a 'modest' plan at 100Mbps nominal but I get consistently 10 percent plus higher. And a _lot_ of people are now moving to the commonly available 1000Mbs plans, at quite reasonable cost. So for we Aussies down under, big PDF's hardly matter in terms of network bandwidth. I have no idea what the situation is in Europe or America. The National Broadband Network is a government initiative.

Everything gets fatter with time. Including me.

Sure it would be great to have slim PDF's but that does not seem to be the trend.

Andrew