Re: v2.25.2: D.S. al Coda

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: v2.25.2: D.S. al Coda
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:13:41 +0100

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le mercredi 22 mars 2023 à 22:19 -0700, Paul Scott a écrit :
>

>> D.S. followed by a segno sign is actually redundant since the S. stands
>> for segno.
>

> “Segno“ means “sign”. “Dal segno 𝄋” is not redundant, it just means
> where which sign is being referred to is left implicit.

This distinction becomes relevant if there are multiple dal segnos in
one piece.

I think I need to dig through my scores for a particularly
brain-wrecking mixture of multiple dal segnos I remember.  It would be
interesting to see how much we are still lacking to represent that
particular monstrosity (I don't think I have figured out with confidence
how to actually play it as a human, either) to LilyPond.

--
David Kastrup