Setting line-width for individual lines

From: Benjamin Bruce
Subject: Setting line-width for individual lines
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:15:25 -0600

I know how to set line-width in the \layout block to apply it to the whole
score. But is it possible to set line-widths on an individual line basis (or
for groups of lines), for example one width for lines 1-2, and then a different
width for lines 3-4? I know about ragged-right, but I don't like the look of
the ragged edge and would rather have the power to specify just how wide I want
each line to be.

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any ideas, or if this is
too much to ask of LilyPond. Thanks in advance!

Benjamin Bruce