Re: Automatic annotation of slide positions/fingerings for brass instrum

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Automatic annotation of slide positions/fingerings for brass instruments.
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:25:23 +0000

On 29/08/2023 15:35, Adam M. Griggs wrote:
Here's a little self-help reference I made a little while back. Maybe it will illustrate your point about different positions for different octaves more clearly than words can.

Perhaps something in the tablature code can be adapted to this end.

Ouch!!!

Just to point out, for those who don't play trombone, you will never (in my experience at least, I'm sure people will find counter examples) find trombone music with those positions in the treble clef.

Like (I think) all brass instruments, the trombone in treble clef is a transposing instrument, and position 1 is a written C, not D.

In this example you need to swap the treble clef for a tenor clef ...

And then redo it for treble clef - your bass clef bottom Bb is written as treble clef middle C.

Cheers,
Wol