lingot-devel

Re: [Lingot-devel] French Translation

From: Ibán Cereijo
Subject: Re: [Lingot-devel] French Translation
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:29:28 +0100

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for the delay.

OK, what's the best way to report bugs to you all ?
IIRC, only people who subscribe can post on the devel-list, and a user (ie : "simply user") do will never this thing "just" for make upstream a bug.
I don't know if you have a bug tracker, but often it's quite the same things, bugtrackers are not very "user-friendly"
So maybe you have a forum ? Or something similar ?
Please teach me what's the good way for a "simply user" to give you feedbacks.

No, we don't have a forum, and I hadn't realized that you need to subscribe to post a message in the devel list.
We do have a bug tracker (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=lingot), but we agree that it isn't the most user friendly app.
We've been talking about this, and while we don't find a better solution, I suggest to use one of the following posibilities (ordered according to the ease of use):

1. Mail us: ibancg at gmail dot com, or jairochapela at gmail dot com.
3. Use the bug tracker: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=lingot

Please try to attach the information you consider important, and use your native language if you want (no problem with english, french and spanish, but I cannot promise anything with other languages), we'll properly submit the bug to the bug tracker, and we'll ask you for more feedback whenever we need it.
The only important thing is that we, the developers, should be aware of the issues related to lingot, so try to avoid reporting bugs to any other bug traker, like the ones at debian or ubuntu sites (there are a lot of bug trackers alien to us, with bugs related to lingot that we are unaware of).

Ah, another question, what's the way to "know your stuff" about new releases ?

We have a news page:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/news/?group=lingot

and a news feed:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/news/atom.php?group=lingot