linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] Lin Phone Android App Size

From: Sylvain Berfini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Lin Phone Android App Size
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:25:14 +0200

Hi,

Yes, our SDK is quite large because it embeds libraries for multiple architectures.
However, using an app bundle, Google will generate multiple APKs containing only the libraries for the actual architecture of the device, reducing the size. Our latest release weights 17Mo with app bundle instead of 38Mo in APK.

Cheers,

Sylvain Berfini Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications