linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] Service down?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Service down?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:53:07 -0400

Peio Rigaux <peio.rigaux@belledonne-communications.com> writes:

> As stated on subscribe.linphone.org earlier, the service is under
> maintenance to update the accounts manager. This should be available
> back this afternoon.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience, we couldn't put a notification to tell
> you in the apps directly.

Thanks to you and Jehan for telling the list.  It might be good to send
to linphone-users a notice of planned downtime, or after-the-fact of
unplanned.

I got a few notifications of registration failures and recovery, which
should have said which service but didn't.  So far those have been about
50/50 linphone service down and netowrking issue, and it's nice to be
able to know "it was sip.linphone.org, don't need to look into it".

It's of course nice to have a free service, and that these outages are
rare, maybe a few times a year, maybe less recently.