linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] IntraPBX Text Messaging Between LinPhone Clients

From: Tom Bevington
Subject: [Linphone-developers] IntraPBX Text Messaging Between LinPhone Clients
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:39:20 +0000

We're using latest version of Asterisk 18 LTS and having some challenges
getting text messaging working between Asterisk Extensions when using
latest LinPhone Android and  LinPhone OSX desktop clients.

Our Asterisk 18 PBX VoIP server apparently doesn't support Content-Type:
message/cpim for messaging.

How can we switch to SIP SIMPLE method of messaging for LinPhone Desktop
and Android versions?

Will this be problematic when we extend messaging/SMS functionality to
receive/send text messages between external DID numbers and our LinPhone
Softphones?