linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] LinPhone Media Formats for SMS/Text Messages

From: Tom Bevington
Subject: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone Media Formats for SMS/Text Messages
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 17:56:34 +0000

Have been struggling for months trying to get LinPhone to support SMS/Text messaging with our Asterisk 18 PBX.

We use latest LinPhone clients exclusively on Android, Linux and OSX.

It seems LinPhone formats such messages as Content-Type: message/cpim which Asterisk Project Lead has confirmed IS NOT supported.

Rather, Asterisk expects (and can process) messages formatted as Content-Type: text/plain.

Is there a way to configure LinPhone clients to use text/plain by default or to retry with text/plain if message/cpim fails?