linphone-users

[Linphone-users] iOS client - dialling numbers from Apple Contacts

From: Sophie Loewenthal
Subject: [Linphone-users] iOS client - dialling numbers from Apple Contacts
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 22:04:12 +0100

Hi,

On iOS the Linphone client cannot dial calls correctly from Apple Contact.
Linphone can when I copy and paste it, but remove the extra chars that Apple adds.

Example:

+66941239999

Dailed from an Apple contact, Linphone sends this invalid string:

"+66 94-123-9999" <sip:+66%94-123-9999@callcentric.com>

However, Acrobits Softphone correctly strips out the % and sends:

"+669480949999" <sip:+66948099999@callcentric.com

Is this usual behaviour on iOS, or have I got a misconfigurration?

All the best.