listhelper-moderate

Re: ...bug-tar on gmane, any opinion?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: ...bug-tar on gmane, any opinion?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 05:19:09 -0600

>     ...since the list crowd in general didn't offer one, do you (being,
>     hopefully, the list maintainer) have any opinion on gmane mirroring
>     bug-tar?
>
> Well, I'm not officially responsible, but I see no reason why not.  Lots
> of other GNU lists exist at gmane.  If no one else objects, feel free to
> put in the request.  I do suggest making it one-way (ie, disallow
> posting at gmane), since there has been mysterious behavior otherwise.

I really have no opinion about how the lists are mirrored or the use
of gmane in particular.  There is really no way to control where the
lists are "flooded" to or not.  I know a lot of people use gmane and
find it useful.  Many of the gnu lists are mirrored there.

So, sure, feel free to mirror it there.

Bob