lmi

Re: [lmi] 'wine test_coding_rules.exe' segfault

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] 'wine test_coding_rules.exe' segfault
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 19:26:19 +0000

On 2020-09-23 18:27, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 2020 21:34:34 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:

[... segfault
  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2020-05/msg00023.html
...attributable to 'wine'? ...]

> GC> On 2020-05-15 17:57, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  Inspired by the recent "gcc performance regression" thread, I've decided
> to finally test whether this could be indeed the case -- and it is. This is
> definitely not a gcc problem, because the same binary which crashes with
> this error under Wine (5.0-4) works fine under a native MSW system, so it
> seems reasonable to suspect Wine here too.

Okay, so it's definitely 'wine', and presumably the command-line length.

>  If this problem is still relevant (I know that you've found a workaround,
> but it could still happen in some other place), I could build the debug
> version of Wine 5 and try to find the problem in it -- please let me know
> if I should do this.

Thanks, but no, I feel confident assuming it's just a 'wine' limit
that was transgressed by the original command, and commit 766664921
is an effective "Don't Do That Then" solution.

Today's puzzle: Which is more likely, an SHA1 with six in any four
consecutive positions, or one with nine initial decimal digits?