lout-users

standard paper sizes

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: standard paper sizes
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 09:11:21 +1100

I'm thinking of making it easier to change paper sizes by building in
various standard paper sizes and giving them names, so that one could
say things like

        @Book
            @Paper { A4 }

instead of having to specify page width and height.  However I'm no
expert on paper sizes, the only ones I know at the moment are A3, A4
and A5.  I'd appreciate advice from people on what paper sizes are in
common use where they are, and what those sizes are called.  I'll post
a summary later so you can see whether your favourite size was left
out before it's too late.  Please stick with English, otherwise we'll
be opening Pandora's box.  (Naturally there will be an Other size which
allows you to revert to the old @PageWidth and @PageHeight symbols.)

Jeff Kingston.