lout-users

Lout Version 3 sneak preview update

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Lout Version 3 sneak preview update
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 12:14:09 +1000

I have placed what I hope will be the final sneak preview version
of Lout Version 3 in file lout.sneak3.tar.Z in the usual ftp
directory (subdirectory jeff of ftp to ftp.cs.su.oz.au).

The Lout source has been changed to fix a bug that only affected
people with gigantically long words in their input.

The DocumentLayout package and its extensions have been changed
to correct several bugs in making sure that everything is set
in the language asked for.  Please check this if you use languages
other than English, it seems to be a rather error-prone affair
(I've done some serious testing too).

The standard database now includes everything needed for

        Danish
        English
        Finnish
        French
        German
        Norwegian
        Spanish
        Swedish

including differing default formats for @Date and @Time.

As usual, all comments welcome.  I will be away for three
days starting now, and I hope to release Lout Version 3
publicly soon after I return.

Jeff Kingston
address@hidden