lout-users

Re: Lout 3.06 on DOS Machine ?

From: Bunno Lim
Subject: Re: Lout 3.06 on DOS Machine ?
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 10:16:15 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, byron lee newberry wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Lout 3.06 for a few months on the Unix machines
> here at school and have grown to really like the code.  I am
> currently writing a conference paper and need to be able to
> continue my writing while on travels.  I have a 486 based machine
> that is somewhat portable.  Linux is not an option (it is a PS/2
> machine which is currently unsupported by Linux).  I really need
> to install Lout in Dos.
>
> I have tried using a small version of gcc (ez-gcc based on DJGPP) to
> compile Lout, but I get primarily warnings/errors about too long
> of command lines being passed to make.  I have access to Microsoft
> Quick-C, but I am not that familiar with its makefile facilities.
> Can anyone give me some help!  Better yet, could some kind-soul
> provide me with a compiled version (I am not much of a C programmer
> and I am even less familiar with makefiles).  I couldn't care
> less about the directory structure of the compiled code.  I would be
> glad to facilitate any compiled version.  I guess my only limitation
> is that my machine is an SX so I don't have a mathco (if this makes
> a difference).
>
> ALL help is greatly appreciated and I will keep plugging away at
> this end.  If (with help I am sure) I am successful, I will post
> a "Guide to DOS Installation" to the mailing list.
>
> Best Reagrds,
>
> Byron Newberry

I have successfully compiled lout on PC. Is there an anonymous
ftp account that I can upload it ?

Bunno Lim                                 Industrial Materials Institute
E-mail: address@hidden                  National Research Council Canada
Tel  : (514) 641-5081                     75, de Mortagne, Boucherville, QC
                                          Canada
Fax  : (514) 641-5104                     J4B 6Y4