lout-users

Re: greetings and request

From: Franck Arnaud
Subject: Re: greetings and request
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 96 14:16:17 GMT

In message <address@hidden> Ian Jackson writes:

> I'd like to see implemented the changes to whitespace processing that
> were discussed previously.

> Ie, whitespace after a full stop (and possibly other punctuation)

With an option to disable that and simply ignore all double spaces in input
for those who don't like pre-1920 style typeset output.

It is important that it can be disabled as if, as Ian proposes, Lout adds
automatically bigger gaps after points which are at the end of a line and not
after those in the middle of an input line (when double spaces after points
are never used in the input), the result will be bad.

In any case, whatever the spacing in the output, it would seem better
for multiple spaces in the input not to have a special meaning.

--
Franck Arnaud <internet address@hidden> <cis 100041,375>