lout-users

Input spaces in Lout

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Input spaces in Lout
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 14:09:45 +1000

Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding:  the new version of
Lout will offer several different ways to interpret input spacing,
selectable by the @Space symbol and @InitialSpace option.  The
@InitialSpace option will be settable without needing a separate
setup file, like @InitialFont is now.

It's not necessary to argue against anyone else's preferred method,
therefore, merely to clearly explain your own.  You might like to
argue that your method should be the default, perhaps.

I will post a revised proposal in a few days that takes into account
all the postings since my first proposal appeared.  It is my intention
to satisfy everyone, although people who want me to implement rules
that mention lower-case letters are going to have to twist my arm,
given that Lout currently has no idea which characters these might be.

Jeff Kingston