lout-users

Re: lout 3.07

From: Andres Aravena
Subject: Re: lout 3.07
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:23:35 -0400 (CST)

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> Scaling overwide paragraphs is a very good idea. May I suggest that
> the warning message tells the scale factor?; eg instead of having (I'm
> louting the user guide after changing some font size)
>

> lout file "ap_qck" (from "all" line 41):
>    113,9: word @F { fixed-width font } horizontally scaled (too wide for
> 3.547c paragraph
> )
>
> I would prefer
>
>    113,9: word @F { fixed-width font } horizontally scaled 0.76 (too wide for
> 3.547c paragraph)

Maybe it has been discused before, but I prefer the GNU error format:

ap_qck:113:9:word @F { fixed-width font } horizontally scaled 0.76 (too
wide for 3.547c paragraph)

this way it's easier to find errors using emacs or jed.

just my 2 cents..

------
Andres Aravena D.                   address@hidden
un romantico viajero...             address@hidden