lout-users

@CD and dropped tag item interaction

From: Edward S. Hirgelt
Subject: @CD and dropped tag item interaction
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 1996 11:39:45 -0700

[Sorry if this got out without the enclosure -- itchy fingers...]

I've discovered a behavior that either points out the limits of my
understanding of how @CD is supposed to work or its a bug. The former
is more likely. If so, I'd appreciate a way to fix this.

The enclosed file should be self explanatory.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

# {lout -o $home/PostScript/center.ps center.lout &}
@SysInclude{ doc }
@Doc
@Text @Begin
@LP
This reproduces a bug or what I think is a bug with 3.07 (and perhaps
earlier). The problem is that the "@CD" is not centering relative to
the page, but relative to the text that follows. Is this what is
supposed to happen?

@TaggedList
@DTI{Item number 1}{
@CD lines @Break {centered: something here}
@LP
Short paragraph.}

@DTI{Item number 2}{
@CD lines @Break {centered: more here}
@LP
This paragraph is longer and goes all the way to the right margin and
takes up multiple lines. The problem is that this is centered relative
to the page but the previous one isn't.}

@DTI{Item number 3}{
@CD lines @Break {centered: and yet more}
@LP
How about this one? Almost wide enough.}
@RawEndList
@End @Text
 Edward S. Hirgelt              "Education is the ability to listen to
 TIBCO Inc.                     almost anything without losing your
 530 Lytton Avenue, Suite 301   temper or your self-confidence."
 Palo Alto, Ca 94301                            --Robert Frost
 address@hidden   415 833 2763