lout-users

A few questions about tables.

From: Jan Erik Backlund
Subject: A few questions about tables.
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:42:31 -0500

I am using Lout version 3.07 and am trying to build a table that
looks more or less like this:

        A       |----------------------------------------
                |   B   |   C   |   D   |   E   |   F
    type 1      |  10   |   2   |  34   |  43   |   34
                |       |       |       |       |
    type 2      |   2   | 234   |   3   |   2   |  432

My questions:

1) To place the line above B - F, I believe that I have to use
   @Rule.  For the rightmost column, however, the line extends
   past the end of the line created by @Fmta above {single}.  How
   can I place a line along the edge of some of the cells and get
   the right end-point?

2) I would like to align columns B - F, but then I can't use
   @Rule.  Can anyone suggest a work around to get a continuous
   line across some but not all of the aligned cells?

3) It would be nice to have more control over line thicknesses,
   eg to have the horizontal line above the row "type 1 ..." be
   thicker than the line above B - F.  It must be possible to hack
   the postscipt output, but is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks
Jan Erik Backlund
address@hidden