lout-users

Re: font names

From: Andrew Cassin
Subject: Re: font names
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 16:03:16 +1000 (EST)

> Andrew's posting seems a bit confused.  There are no families called
> oblique, italic or slope in the Lout distribution.  These are face
> names.

Oops sorry wrong word. I meant face names.... really :)

> There should be no difficulty selecting family names, just use whatever
> the family is called (Times, Helvetica, etc.).  For the face names,
> make sure that you have a Base, Slope, Bold, and BoldSlope and don't
> worry much about the names you give to the other faces, because
> compatibility of face names across families doesn't extend beyond
> these ones anyway.

Suppose I have two fonts in the same family (sorry if my terminology isnt quite
right)
one with the face name oblique and the other italic, which one gets the lout
face name 'Slope'? How do I make sure a document someone might send me gets
the right one?

ACAS