lout-users

two-sided Lout output (for modern PostScript2 printers)

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: two-sided Lout output (for modern PostScript2 printers)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:47:00 +0100

It seems that Lout (3.10) does not explicitly support two-sided (ie
recto&verso) printing on modern PostScript2 printers (for instance
some HP laser printers have a two-side printing option - including
hardware to print on the other side of each sheet. Of course, more RAM
is required inside the printer)

With PostScript level 2 this is coded as

%%BeginFeature: *Duplex True
  << /Duplex true >> setpagedevice
%%EndFeature

I patched a lout produced postscript file, adding these three lines
just after @PrependGraphic file /usr/local/share/lout/include/tab.lpg
and it works as expected.

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are solely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat à l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * CEA/Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 01,69.08.85.68; phone: 01,69.08.40.66; home: 01,46.65.45.53
email: Basile . Starynkevitch @ cea . fr  (but remove white space)
I speak french, english, russian. Je parle français, anglais, russe.