lout-users

Re: Report style - want each section to start a new page

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Report style - want each section to start a new page
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:50:22 +0300 (MSK)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Janie wrote:

> I'm writing a document using the "Report" style, and want to have
> each section start on a new page, and would like to have the
> References appear on a new page too.  I expect the answer is
> something simple, but I've fiddled for hours without finding it

It's very simple indeed.

* Copy `report' from lout standard include directory to your working
  directory.  Name it, say `setup.lt'.

* Replace @SysInclude { report } with @Include { setup } in your
  document.

* In `setup.lt' uncomment (remove leading # sign from) the line with
  @SectionGap parameter to @ReportLayout.  Change the value in curlies
  to `1.1b'.  I.e. the line will now look like

    @SectionGap                 { 1.1b } # between sections

Here you are.

PS: BTW, This is buried in expert guide.  The semantic is explained in
    `Galleys and Targets' and example is given in `Chapters and
    sections' (just grepped the source, so no pages/section numbers,
    sorry).

SY, Uwe