lout-users

Hyphenating URLs

From: Andrew Bardsley
Subject: Hyphenating URLs
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 13:09:45 +0000 (GMT)

Does anyone know of an easy way for me to get URLs to
break up correctly over a number of lines but without lout
inserting hyphens.  I have a number of URLs in a Reference list
for my thesis and I would like them to be able to span two
lines kind of:

Name, Institution blah blah http://somewhere.somewhereelse/
dir/dir/dir/file

I have tried placing hypenation points `&-' after each slash
but I would ideally like a way of specifying that URLs not
be broken by hyphens.  Is their a language setting for this?
(should there be)

- Andrew
University_of_Manchester Dept. of Computer Science  AMULET Group
PhD__/student Mail:\bardsleyATcs.man.ac.uk_Tel:_+44_161_275_6844
Snail: Room IT302, Man. Uni., Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK